Richard Roffman is a 30-year veteran publisher with extensive experience in the domestic and international arena. Mr. Roffman co-founded both LatinCEO magazine (1998) and Latin Trade magazine (1992); both titles enjoyed extensive circulation throughout North and South America. Latin Trade, now the top English-language pan-hemispheric trade magazine in the United States and Latin America, was acquired in 1994 by Freedom Communications, the nation’s 13th-largest media company. LatinCEO was sold in 2004 to CEO Publishing, which also acquired SouthFloridaCEO (formerly Miami Business magazine), another title co-founded by Mr. Roffman.
Among the domestic titles that Mr. Roffman published were New Miami Magazine, the Miami, Broward and Palm Beach Daily Business Reviews, South Florida Magazine and South Florida Home & Garden.
In addition to his publishing experience, Mr. Roffman has dedicated his pro-bono work for over 25 years in the South Florida arena. He is a past chairman and vice-chairman of the World Trade Center Miami, a member of the Florida District Export Council (appointed by the U.S. Secretary of Commerce), and a past-member of the Board of Directors of the FTAA (Free Trade Area of the Americas), Inc. for the State of Florida. Mr. Roffman also served as senior vice president at Strategy Research Corporation, which specialized in data on consumer markets in Latin America and in the US Hispanic population. He is also a past member of the Advisory Board of the Andreas School of Business at Barry University.
Mr. Roffman was also an adjunct professor of English at Nova Southeastern University where in addition to his English classes he ran the International Film Program and taught at the Institute for Retired Professionals and the Institute for Lifelong Awareness.
In 1999, Mr. Roffman was voted in the “25 Most Accomplished Men in South Florida” by Channels Magazine. As such, Mr. Roffman is a much sought after speaker, and has been either the host or keynote speaker numerous times at the following venues:
- The British Ministry of Trade in London, England
- The Coral Gables Chamber of Commerce Annual Goals Conference
- The City of New Orleans Latin American Convention for Metrovision
- The City of Dallas International Development Board
- The Houston International Development Board—The Houston Partnership
- The World Trade Center, Miami:
- Annual State of the Ports (co-sponsored by The City of Miami)—7 years
- The Miami Air Cargo Show of the Americas (2nd largest commercial air show in the world)
- The International Achievement Award—4 years
- The World Trade Institute in New York City
- The World Trade Center Annual General Assembly
- New York City, New York
- Panama City, Panama
- Beijing, China
- The Governor’s Regionalism Conference co-hosted with Governor Bush
- The Beacon Council’s Annual Economic Forecast—over 7 years
- The Los Angeles Chamber of Commerce “Doing Business in China” Conference
- The Latin America Market Planning Report Conference
- New York
- The U.S Hispanic Marketing Planning Report Conference
- New York
- Chicago (co-sponsored by The Chicago Tribune)
Mr. Roffman has been quoted in:
- The Miami Herald
- The Fort Lauderdale Sun Sentinel
- The Dallas Morning News
- The Times Picayune
- The Los Angeles Times
- Ad Age
Mr. Roffman has appeared on numerous television and radio shows in key cities in the United States including: New Orleans, Houston, Dallas, Miami, New York, and Los Angeles.